Saturday, April 6, 2013

Surviving the Hunger Games

So one of my wife and I's favorite movie is The Hunger Games. I was excited to see that it is now available on my amazon.com prime membership. I watched it while running on the treadmill the first day it was available. As I watched it, there was an interesting quote that caught my attention. On the tributes first day of training, they were informed that:

"In two weeks, twenty three of you will be dead, one of you will be alive. Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days. Particularly to what I'm about to say. First; no fighting with the other tributes, you'll have plenty of time for that at the arena. There are four compulsory exercises, the rest will be individual training. My advice is don't ignore the survival skills. Everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes, ten percent from infection, twenty percent from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife."

Here is a link to a fan's recreation Katniss's dehydration experience in The Hunger Games from the book. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-rUoXlT4I

I thought it was interesting that even a movie/book such as The Hunger games recognizes the importance of keeping hydrated. The more I pay attention the more I recognize just how important paying attention to your hydration is. Whether you are running, working from a desk, or competing in The Hunger Games, staying hydrated can make a difference in your life. 

So as always don't forget to Hydrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment