Monday, April 1, 2013

Running, Swimming & Water Bottles

Last week I went running for the first time in a long time. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the temperature was perfect for a good run. What a nice break that run was. I felt so good for the rest of the day. I was definitely sore though, as any runner will understand if they haven't run for a few weeks or days. I made sure to properly hydrate during the morning hours because I knew my afternoon run would be much more enjoyable if I was hydrated. I also made sure to drink lots of water after my run because I knew this was decrease my sore muscles. I look forward to the coming days of Spring and Summer when I can have many more good runs. There is something that just feels so wonderful about a good run. 

Devin and I after a 10K many years ago...


Today I took my kids swimming at an indoor kiddie pool. It was such a blast. My little boy loved jumping in the water. Isn't it amazing how much water affects us. What would our world be like if we couldn't ever go swimming. What a sad world that would be. I hope my children grow up to enjoy swimming and maybe even join their swim teams when they are in high school. I can't wait until they are old enough to take swimming lessons. I am so grateful for my children's healthy bodies and that they are able to use their bodies to play and learn. Part of them staying healthy is keeping them hydrated. Thank goodness my little two year old loves to drink water. 

Speaking of my little boy drinking water. For Easter yesterday the Easter Bunny brought him a new water bottle. It is the coolest big boy water bottle ever. Here is a link to the water bottle I bought him:
It is a Nalgene Grip n' Gulp water bottle. It is made for little kids. How cool is that! I just absolutely love it and he does too. Nalgene bottles are just about the coolest water bottles in the world. They are pretty much indestructible. I learned this while experimenting at a scout ranch I worked at after throwing a Nalgene bottle off of a cliff and then retrieving the bottle. It had a few scratches here and there, but other than that it was unharmed. Now my little boy can stay hydrated and feel like a big boy doing it. Bye bye baby sippy cups.

Nalgene, love this brand of water bottles.

Cool new big boy water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment